One powerful way to boost your happiness…
Happiness is a choice. So is unhappiness. The cool part is you are in charge, you make the call, no one else.
There are two types of people I coach. One takes control of their happiness, one who does not. The differentiator is their level of self-awareness.
The happiest are;
– highly aware of their strengths and weaknesses.
– they know taking on too much makes them vulnerable to their weaknesses.
– gladly ask for help, surround themselves with people who complement their strengths.
– bring love to what they do.
The unhappiest are;
– highly unaware of their strengths and weaknesses.
– they often take on too much making it harder to produce.
– less willing to ask for help, which is exactly what they need to become happier.
– do not bring to love what they do.
Do this self-awareness exercise;
1st – Use an assessment (i.e. DISC) or simply write out your strengths and weaknesses.
2nd – Get feedback from 3-5 people close to you.
3rd – See where they overlap. Then look at all the stuff on your task list. Cross-referencing shows where to focus, ask for help, and what to eliminate.
This is a great starting point to increase your awareness and choose your happiness.