The way to recruit top people is simple and essential to your business.
As long as you have a clearly defined process and are willing to follow it until you find EXACTLY who you are looking for, you’ll have no problem when looking to recruit the best people for your business.
**Disclaimer, by process I mean organized steps that have produced the ideal results over time.
A process is not just posting generic job ads, returning a couple of phone calls or emails, and conducting interviews. A process is strategic, intentional, and designed with the end person in mind and built backwards.
Use these three steps to get started or to revamp your current process;
→ 1) Develop an in-depth, detailed profile of your person. This may sound obvious, until you start penciling in the details (this does not necessarily go on your job post).
– Commonly referred to as an avatar,, design your new employee: type of degree, years of experience,what type of job history, etc.
– You want to be as specific as possible. Dream a little!
→ 2) Prepare for the long-haul.
– Hiring the best takes time, the best is hard to come by which makes it more valuable when you find them.
– If it’s taking time, that’s a good thing, hang in there.
→ 3) Aggressively market your position.
– There is a ton of noise and clutter in online job boards and in order to stand out, you have to make yourself known with volume, frequency, and awareness.
– The more people who know that you are hiring the better.
– Talk to everyone you know and often and remember the best may come from an unexpected source.
Start here, review, and modify ONLY after you hire.
Making frequent changes throughout the process will only slow it down.. Hiring is an important an aspect of business, treat it as such. Hold out for the very best, and hire them when you find them.
Like what you see? Be sure to follow along in LinkedIn!